Click to view
- Access to specialist legal advice from a 24 hour helpline
- Appointment of a specialist legal defence lawyer
- Payment of legal defence costs up to the limit selected
The Scheme is primarily designed to defend policyholders against unfounded allegations of criminal behaviour whilst following their profession. As an example, offences against the person are included (such as allegations of inappropriate touching) provided a not guilty plea is maintained.
- Incidents arising or prosecutions brought outside of the United Kingdom
- Incidents which occurred prior to the start of the Policy
- Certain other prosecutions are not covered such as criminal damage, domestic violence and dishonesty
- No cover applies in the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands
- Claims that are not reported during the currency of the policy
Please see the policy wording for a full list of exclusions
No – unless you wish to appoint your own lawyer.
This insurance is not normally provided by employers or included under Professional Liability or Fitness to Practise policies. Employing legal defence lawyers can be expensive and successful prosecutions could have serious consequences on future career and employment prospects.
The Scheme is open to suitably Qualified UK Residents (excluding Isle of Man and Channel Islands) in the following occupations:‐
- Fitness & Exercise Professionals
- Complementary Therapists
- Sports Massage Practitioners
- Education Consultants
Further occupations may be added from time to time.
The policy covers incidents which have arisen or prosecutions brought within the United Kingdom of Great Britain or Northern Ireland only, excluding Isle of Man and the Channel Islands
|Limit of Cover||Annual Premium||Insurance Premium Tax at 12%||Administration Fee||Total Annual Cost|
|£100,000 in any period of insurance||£10.00||£1.20||£15.00||£26.20|
|£250,000 in any period of insurance||£15.00||£1.80||£15.00||£31.80|